The Anna bag is hands-down my favorite diaper bag I have ever owned.
That’s saying a lot, I know. But I wouldn’t give it high praise if it wasn’t deserved!!
I’ve told y’all before that I love the Lily Jade brand. Their Jennifer bag is another fave of mine and one I’ve reviewed for you before. But as much as I love the Jennifer bag, the Anna bag is in a league of it’s own!
In general, Lily Jade bags scream quality. No detail is left unnoticed – they use the finest materials and their full grain leather bags are buttery soft. I also love the camel shade – the perfect shade that works all year long!!
Before having Micah, I knew I wanted a backpack style diaper bag. I wanted to be hands-free when carrying (and now chasing!) a baby boy; I also wanted one that Matt wouldn’t mind carrying when necessary, yet also looked stylish & feminine when I was carrying it.
Over the past year, I’ve tried several name brand backpack style diaper bags. Of those brands, I have two faves: Fawn Design Original & Lily Jade’s Anna. I’ll share more about why I love my Fawn Design in another post; today I want to focus on the Anna!!
This bag is the only Lily Jade bag that does not have removable backpack straps. It was designed to be a backpack first & foremost & it’s one of the reasons I love it! It boasts their signature jade lining, their full-grain leather, gorgeous gold hardware & a fun leather tassel with jade beads.
The reason this bag has become my favorite diaper bag is because it’s a two-in-one bag.
We travel quite a bit with Micah. 3-4 times each month we’re jumping in the car for 2+ hour road trips to our hometown or to visit friends for the weekend. We’ve also taken over five 7+ hour road trips with him in the last year. That’s a lot of car / travel time!! I realized during our trips that I needed a bigger bag so I could fit more of my things in the same bag with Micah’s – as much as I love my Fawn Design backpack, my laptop, ipad & planner don’t fit along with Micah’s things. So, I began searching for one bag that could efficiently store my laptop, etc and store Micah’s things!
Insert: Lily Jade’s Anna!
Because of the two-in-one design, I can use one side for Micah & one side for myself. I opted for the Large size since I knew I wanted plenty of room for my tech things, yet I love the look of the Medium, too. (I think the Medium would be better as a true “every day” bag if you’re not carrying around the tech items!)
The Large Anna is a big bag yet I don’t feel like I’m wearing a big bag. I’m petite (5’2”) so the bag does look big, but doesn’t FEEL big. I have packed it FULL and it’s held up great & work well for our travels. I’ve also used it as an everyday bag, just with less inside! 😉
Here are a few specific things I love about the Anna:
- The leather is so soft! I was originally nervous it would feel heavy but it does not!! I also love the shade of the camel color (it’s comparable to Fawn Design’s original brown shade).
- How deep the bag is!! I can fit SO many things inside!!! I’ve packed this both with Lily Jade packing cases & without; I prefer the cases since I like to organize toys, diaper needs & clothes in the various cases.
- 2 large zipper pockets on the outside! There is a zipper pocket half way down & then a hidden zipper pocket that runs almost the entire length of the bag; this makes accessing my wallet, phone & sunglasses a breeze! I can also fit snacks for myself, hand sanitizer & oil rollers. They are huge!!
- My Hydro Flax fits in the outside pocket! The picture shows Micah’s 12 oz hydro on one side & my 20 oz hydro on the other. My 32 oz will also fit though it’s a bit tighter (yet this is the only backpack I’ve found that fits my 32 oz!). It’s so convenient to have outside water bottle access!!
- The padded laptop case – my 13” Mac Air fits great, and I can also slide my 10” iPad pro inside, too. I love being able to store both!
- 2 zipper closure – each large opening features a 2 zipper closure which is very convenient when opening & closing the bag!
- Minimal yet helpful inner storage – I love my Lily Jade Jennifer because it’s basically one big interior pocket. I like to organize the bag how I see fit. The Anna is similar in that they have been very intentional about inner storage; the front compartment has 1 zipper pocket & 2 slip pockets. The back has 1 laptop sleeve with magnetic snap closure & 2 elastic pockets.
- Like the Jennifer, this bag also has gold feet which helps to protect the leather from the ground.
- It comes with a messenger strap should you prefer that style; I’ve not personally used it like that, but it’s an option should you want to!
I’ve been using my Anna for 3 months now & can’t wait to continue using it throughout the rest of our summer & fall travels. I even plan to use it for some traveling without Micah – that’s how much I love it! I also know the quality of Lily Jade is worth the price-point; it’s a bag that will withstand the test of time & I’ll continue reaching for it years from now!
If you’d like to see more about the Anna, visit Lily Jade’s website here! I’ll also save a highlight to my Instagram Stories in case you’d like a video, too! 🙂
Questions about the bag? Leave me a comment – I’m happy to help! 🙂
Photography Credit: Jillian Michelle Photography